RE: Transputer - schools

-----Original Message-----
From: Sympa,pkg125 [mailto:sympa@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Denis A Nicole
Sent: 01 July 2013 11:19
To: David May
Cc: Ruth Ivimey-Cook; Larry Dickson; occam-com@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Transputer - schools

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013, David May wrote:

> I've seen this trail. But I'm not sure what you are trying to do. If
> it's to port occam to ARM - good idea.
>
> The best way to do this is to retarget the back-end of the occam
> compiler. You'll also need a runtime for the scheduling instructions.

Yes, that's the best way. The quickest way will probably be to use our old SPoC occam2 to C translator. No need to worry about instruction sets and a built-in runtime. I can probably resurrect it quite quickly.

It does rely on some rather old (Cocktail) tools, but that shouldn't be a big problem.

If anyone wants it, I'll dust off the old code and take a look.

Denis.

Denis A Nicole                   WWW:   http://www.hpcc.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~dan
Electronics & Computer Science   Email: dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
University of Southampton        Phone: +44 23 8059 2703
SO17  1BJ                        Fax:   +44 23 8059 3045
United Kingdom
Hi Denis,
While the Transterpreter version of Kroc Occam that I have working on the Raspberry Pi seems to be running fine, an occam2 to C translator would be extremely useful to me.  I will then be able to meld the occam output c-code with the c output from the aplc to c translator I use for array manipulation. The aim is to use occam as a wiring harness between the apl nodes.
Cheers,
	Beau