Re: Transputer - schools

Beau and Tony,

I think "occarm" and channel-to-native mapping for Epiphany, etc, are great ideas. The key is to present something people can hack with - using "ordinary" tools with a little boost. Thus, occam functions (at least at first) as pseudocode. The hummocks in the path are:

(1) establishing communication superstructure
(3) assemble resources and start
(4) communicate and run
(5) shut down cleanly and return resources

and communication channels/links should be EXTREMELY general so people can do real stuff.

If anyone is interested, I am going to try to launch a Kickstarter project to do some of this. Go to

http://www.LAZM.org

and follow the "Kickstarter draft link". (It's not live yet, only a preview.)

Larry