Re: Transputer - schools

On 26/06/2013 08:21, Tony wrote:
..

Maybe what we need is "occarm" for the Raspberry PI?

That would be a great thing to have. Of course the R-Pi already has a parallel processor in the form of the built-in GPU (in the Broadcom chip). Unfortunately there is little scope for programming it directly. Not exactly CSP-ready, but there are many important/interesting massively-parallel tasks which could be explored. If Broadcom could be persuaded to provide some low latency GPU-based FFT operations, and maybe a few other vector-based arithmetic ops, I am sure a phase vocoder could be got to run in real time on the R-Pi, with enough spare CPU to do some interesting things (such as pitch shifting) with it.

Richard Dobson