Re: Transputer - schools

Dear David, it is good to have your input here. Thanks for attaching your stripped down Arm code. I have been following your talks on this - really interesting, an important development.
I do now have Occam compiling .occ source, on the Raspberry Pi - this is just the interpreted version of the University of Kent Kroc. Works nicely for my investigative purposes - where speed does not matter.
My interest is a follow up of work I did on getting the concise/agile array manipulating language APL to run on the Transputer, back in the 1980s.
To be more precise, I want APL nodes running on the processors, joined together by a communication harness. And to me, Occam is the ideal language to build that harness, given its  robustness against common multiprocessing pitfalls.
I now have both aplc APL to C compiler and Kroc Occam running on the Raspberry Pi, and am inviting people to join me in experimenting in this very low cost environment.
Cheers, Beau Webber

Sent from my iPhone