CPA 2015: 2nd. Call for Papers

 |        Communicating Process Architectures (CPA) 2015           |
 |  The 37th. WoTUG Conference on Concurrent and Parallel Systems  |
 |  Sunday (evening) 23rd. - Wednesday (lunch) 26th. August 2015   |
 |                 http://www.wotug.org/cpa2015/                   |
 |     Host institute: School of Computing, University of Kent     |

This is the second *Call for Papers* for CPA 2015.  Original papers on
concurrency in computer systems are sought presenting novel, interesting
and useful work.   Areas relevant for CPA include theory and practice,
software and hardware, languages, tools, design methods, verification,
education, application and more.

NEW in this call:

  * we are pleased to announce Eric Verhulst, CEO/CTO of Altreonic, as one
    of the Keynote speakers at CPA 2015.  Eric led the development of the
    Virtuoso multi-board RTOS, used in the ESA's Rosetta space mission to
    comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko.  Virtuoso (along with Altreonic's new
    generation VirtuosoNext, supporting fine-grained task parallellism)
    has its roots in principles learnt from CSP, the Transputer and occam.

  * we have added a call for proposals for mini-workshops (see below for
    the specific URL).  These were introduced last year (CPA 2014) with
    the purpose of learning about, debating and solving (or, at least,
    sizing and starting to solve) interesting problems relevant to the
    themes of CPA - details are on the Programme page for CPA 2014 (see
    URL below).  Last year's workshops explored a great amount of ground
    and real solutions emerged.

  * we have revised the deadlines for submission of papers, allowing
    everyone more time in this busy exam period.

  * the registration fee (£275), accommodation costs (£39.50 per night)
    and student bursaries (up to £200) are announced.

Important dates (revised):

  Paper submission:             8th. June, 2015
  Notification of acceptance:   6th. July, 2015
  Final revised CRC due:       27th. July, 2015
  Conference:                  23rd. (Sunday evening)
                               - 26th. (Wednesday lunch) August 2015

For full details about CPA 2015, please see the on-line pages at:

  http://www.wotug.org/cpa2015/                     (home page)
  http://www.wotug.org/cpa2015/call.shtml           (full call for papers)
  http://www.wotug.org/cpa2015/authors.shtml        (author information)
  http://www.wotug.org/cpa2015/workshops.shtml      (call for workshops)
  http://www.wotug.org/cpa2015/fringe.shtml         (fringe programme)
  http://www.wotug.org/cpa2015/location.shtml       (location)
  http://www.wotug.org/cpa2015/people.shtml         (organisers)
  http://www.wotug.org/cpa2015/registration.shtml   (registration)

For a glimpse of the structure, papers, workshops and fringe programme
at CPA, please refer to the Programme page from last year's conference
at Oxford:

  http://www.wotug.org/cpa2014/programme.shtml

CPA is an open-access conference: accepted papers will be published
by Open Channel Publishing Ltd. (http://openchannelpublishing.com/)
in the CPA 2015 Proceedings, and made freely available from the WoTUG
papers archive.  All submissions will be refereed by an international
panel of academic and industrial reviewers, with extensive feedback
given to authors.  Accepted papers are subject to a strong editing
process to ensure that matters raised by the reviewers are resolved.
Authors retain copyright on their papers, shared with the publishers.
This means that authors have the right to reuse material from these
papers in future publications (e.g. in extended revisions for journals).

CPA runs in a single track over two days, with space for approximately 25
half-hour presentations.  In addition, two evening Fringe sessions provide
a forum for presenting and discussing new ideas and/or work in progress.

The registration fee (£275) covers:

  * attendance at all conference, workshop and fringe sessions;
  * coffee/tea breaks, lunches and evening meals, including
    the conference dinner;
  * one copy of the Proceedings.

En-suite accommodation and breakfasts (£39.50 per night) at Keynes College
within the University will be bookable separately.  Keynes will be the
location for all conference presentations and the evening fringe events.

A limited number of bursaries will be available to support students
(i.e. anyone registered for a degree and not in receipt of a full-time
salary) attending the conference.  These will be worth between £100
and £200 off the registration fee.  Please see the Registration page
(see above for URL) for details.

Thank you for reading this Call.  Please forward to colleagues who might
like to know about CPA 2015.  Please contact me directly if you need any
further information.

Peter Welch (Emeritus Professor of Parallel Computing, University of Kent)