son of occam (was: Re: JCSP, CSP Networking, and other some other points)

Hi all,

I'm going to trail off this thread and change its name because I'm changing the subject a bit. Everybody seems to agree that occam is "dead" but is still the best way to do things, which is of course ironic. I have long wanted to move it in a more practical direction while keeping its cleanness and simplicity (NO OO), and now may have a business route to that (more on that later). I want to get some opinions from the list.

(1) What should it look like - traditional occam (Python, etc) with indents and significant line-feeds, or C (java, etc) with semicolons?

(2) What should an associated scripting language look like? I want to control everything from soup to nuts ultimately, which means bootup too.

(3) What should get first attention as the analogue of the hardware link? USB? TCP/IP?

(4) Is anyone doing a flavor of Transterpreter or similar project but retaining the full-interrupt Priority 0 of the Transputer?

Larry Dickson