Fleet - a radically new processor architecture

Very interesting project at Berkeley

"Fleet achieves high performance through fine grain concurrency. Everything Fleet does is concurrent at the lowest level; programmers who wish sequentiality must program it explicitly"

http://www.galois.com/blog/2009/06/30/fleet/

and

http://fleet.cs.berkeley.edu/docs/slides.pdf

I was reminded of Peter's "legoland" slides from the undergrad introduction to occam...

My understanding is that part of the ongoing research is figuring out how to program these things at a high level - do the CSP crowd have something to offer?

Tom