To: "Denis A Nicole" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <occam-com@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 1:02 PM
Subject: Re: Inline VALOF

Denis A Nicole wrote:
On Tue, 12 Dec 2006, Adam Sampson wrote:

Has anybody:

- used inline VALOF in real code at all?

- found interesting uses for inline VALOF (that can't be obtained as
 elegantly using named FUNCTIONs)?

Won't taking VALOF out upset the BCPL community? I think we once supported
mixed occam1/BCPL on the Atari ST and maybe the Sinclair QL.

More seriously, could occam-pi support something like the B ? E : E'
syntax of C and Java or the E if B else E' of Python 2.5? It might be an
appropriate replacement.

Would this not violate the "razor"? Quite apart from my instinctive
repugnance :-)

Adrian