Re: Inline VALOF

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006, Adam Sampson wrote:

> Has anybody:
>
> - used inline VALOF in real code at all?
>
> - found interesting uses for inline VALOF (that can't be obtained as
>   elegantly using named FUNCTIONs)?

Won't taking VALOF out upset the BCPL community? I think we once supported
mixed occam1/BCPL on the Atari ST and maybe the Sinclair QL.

More seriously, could occam-pi support something like the B ? E : E'
syntax of C and Java or the E if B else E' of Python 2.5? It might be an
appropriate replacement.

Denis A Nicole              WWW:   http://www.hpcc.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~dan
School of Electronics       Email: dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
       & Computer Science   Phone: +44 23 8059 2703
University of Southampton   Fax:   +44 23 8059 3045
SO17  1BJ
United Kingdom