Re: (now completed) Slides from my talk at CPA2000

Tom Locke wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> On Wednesday, here at Kent, I gave a much more complete talk about the
> problems I have with OO, and my proposed CSP-based 'better component
> oriented language'.
>
> The talk was titled (partly for marketing purposes!)
>
>         "The Broken Promises of OO"
>
> The slides are available from my home page:
>
>         http://www.cs.ukc.ac.uk/people/rpg/tsl2/
>
> Direct link:
>
>         http://www.cs.ukc.ac.uk/people/rpg/tsl2/broken-promises.pdf
>
> I look forward to your comments!

As you will have seen, I have already pointed one mailing list who were
debating about moving towards an object orientated design philosophy to
your slides. Thay seem to be a well balanced sensible group, but then
they come from the hardware community who understand parallelism already
as opposed to the typical sequentially compromised software person :-)
Ducks... So you shouldn't get any flames.

Adrian
--
Dr A E Lawrence