(now completed) Slides from my talk at CPA2000

Hi All,

On Wednesday, here at Kent, I gave a much more complete talk about the problems I have with OO, and my proposed CSP-based 'better component oriented language'.

The talk was titled (partly for marketing purposes!)

	"The Broken Promises of OO"

The slides are available from my home page:

	http://www.cs.ukc.ac.uk/people/rpg/tsl2/

Direct link:

	http://www.cs.ukc.ac.uk/people/rpg/tsl2/broken-promises.pdf

I look forward to your comments! Some time soon I'll write it up as a paper - I'm not sure how the slides will come across without the commentary.

Tom.

p.s. At one point, I discuss the problems with the observer design pattern. A big thanks to Marcel for pointing me towards this (I never did reply to your mail Marcel).