Re: Meiko glitches...

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Dyke Stiles wrote:

> Greetings -
>
> 1. Our 8-10 year old Meiko CS 1.5 has begun to turn itself off at
> apparently random times. Cycling the switch on the power supply
> resurrects it - at least for a while. Has anyone else seen (and fixed)
> this problem???

In our (Parsys) kit there is a thermal cutout which trips if the fans
break or the filters are blocked.  Do you have cleanable air filters?

> 2. An unrelated (I hope!) matter: by some mechanism we do not
> understand, electricity is now being delivered to our house in
> rural Utah by Scottish Power. These people are completely unknown
> here; are they reliable???

I'd worry about the voltage drop in the cable...

Denis A Nicole                 WWW:   http://www.hpcc.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~dan
Numerical Computation Group    Email: dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Department of Electronics      Phone: +44 23 8059 2703
       & Computer Science      Fax:   +44 23 8059 3903
University of Southampton
SO17  1BJ
United Kingdom