FYI...

 PUBLICATION ANNOUNCEMENT
                    ------------------------

                COMPAQ SYSTEMS RESEARCH CENTER

Below is the abstract of a newly available SRC Research Report.
See the end of this message for electronic retrieval/US mail
ordering information.

"A Logic of Object-Oriented Programs"
Martin Abadi and K. Rustan M. Leino
Report #161, September 15, 1998. 37 pages.

We develop a logic for reasoning about object-oriented programs.
The logic is for a language with an imperative semantics and aliasing,
and accounts for self-reference in objects. It is much like a type
system for objects with subtyping, but our specifications go further
than types in detailing pre- and postconditions. We intend the logic
as an analogue of Hoare logic for object-oriented programs. Our main
technical result is a soundness theorem that relates the logic to a
standard operational semantics.

=======ELECTRONIC RETRIEVAL============

World Wide Web/URL retrieval address:
-------------------------------------

    http://www.research.digital.com/SRC/publications/src-rr.html

FTP retrieval address:
----------------------
Anonymous ftp from: gatekeeper.dec.com (16.1.0.2). The
path is: /pub/DEC/SRC/research-reports/..

i.e. type at the prompt> ftp gatekeeper.dec.com
        Name           > anonymous
        Password       > your e-mail address
        ftp            > cd pub/DEC/SRC/research-reports

=======HARDCOPY ORDER FORM============

If you wish to receive a hardcopy please type "x" in the box
below and return it, AFTER DELETING THE BODY OF THIS MESSAGE,
or mail it to: SRC Report Distribution, Compaq Systems Research
Center, 130 Lytton Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94301.

 _
|_| 161  "A Logic of Object-Oriented Programs"

Name:
                --------------------------------------
Address
                --------------------------------------

Dyke Stiles                                    dyke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Professor and Chair, Graduate Committee
Utah State University
Logan UT 84322-4120
Voice: +1-435-797-2840                          FAX:   +1-435-797-3054
Work:                http://www.engineering.usu.edu/ece/research/rtpc/
Play:  http://www.engineering.usu.edu/ece/research/rtpc/utah/utah.html