RE: Adapteva / Epithany

Not sure âtill I look at specs in more detail, but for my own usage I assume I will be just linking from my existing FPGA data capture to one of their channels. :

ââconsisting of source address, destination address, and dataâin a single clock cycle. Each routing link can transfer up to 8 bytes of data on every clock cycle, allowing 64 bytes of data to flow through every routing node on every clock cycle, supporting an effective bandwidth of 64 GB/sec at a mesh operating frequency of 1GHz.â

Beau

From: Eric Verhulst (OLS) [mailto:eric.verhulst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 10 October 2012 10:56
To: J.B.W.Webber; 'Barry Cook (4Links)'; occam-com@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Adapteva / Epithany

This board looks cute and would be a nice target for us, but how to handle real-time I/O ?

Eric

Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 7:23 AM
To: Barry Cook (4Links); occam-com@xxxxxxxxxx

Like.

I doubt if they will make their funding target, but I have put my $99 (actually $120 with international posting of the hardware) on the table.

They put their main structural and programming document on the web a few days ago â just down loaded them â two IEEE FP operations and a 64bit load every cycle.  http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/adapteva/parallella-a-supercomputer-for-everyone/posts/323691

It would be very nice to have one of these hanging off to one side of my fast NMR data capture. Straight GCC, Eclipse, so I see no difficulty in porting code using the aplc run-time library to each node. Just have to sort the aplc inter-chip communication. Ha. Wish I still had Helios.

Cheers,

                Beau