RE: Occam-Tau - the natural successor to Occam-Pi

Hi Rick, and all,

I have been reading this active exchange with enjoyment, though much is well beyond me.

But can I ask a question ?

What little I know of parallel programming comes from the days of the Helios Transputer box â we purchased one in Physics, and I wrote and ran various parallel constructs on it. Even managed to port some Apl code (I program my instruments and analyse my data using Apl) to C and embed it in a parallel construct, run it on a group of Transputers.

However for my sins these days I spend quite a bit of my time writing VHDL  for the FPGA based instrumentation I design for my experiments.

And I keep looking at the concept of the multiple soft processors with fast interconnection links that can fit on these chips.

Is there any possibility of any of these Occam related parallel languages  being of use for sitting inside / generating code for these soft processors, on a reasonable time-scale ?

Cheers,

                Beau Webber