Alan Kay on the meaning of "object oriented"

I didn't know that Alan Kay originally coined the term "object oriented programming". It seems he was *very* close to our way of thinking back in those early days (late 60's).

----
- I thought of objects being like biological cells and/or individual
computers on a network, only able to communicate with messages (so
messaging came at the very beginning -- it took a while to see how to
do messaging in a programming language efficiently enough to be
useful).
----

Too bad it went so wrong

http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~ram/pub/pub_jf47ht24Ht/doc_kay_oop_en