From: owner-occam-com@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-occam-com@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Dyke Stiles
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 9:16 PM
To: occam-com@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: TechEd 2006 -- "parallelism is the new OO": JCSP vs KRoC...

Greetings -

Mario and I just did an extensive comparison on the performance of JCSP.net
and KRoC.net (pony) - and they differed only by a few %.
(The machine on which I have the exact numbers is being resurrected - I
hope; details maybe at CPA 2006??)

Dyke.

Chalmers, Kevin wrote:

> The performance is fairly reasonable on a decent machine, considering
> the benefits of portability and mobility that you get.  It's by no
> means up KRoC, C++CSP, or the Transterpreter speeds however.  It may
> actually be a time to re-examine JCSP and see if it can be improved
> considering how far Java has gone in that time.  Maybe some of the
> known issues have been addressed?

====
Dyke Stiles			               Reply to:
dyke.stiles@xxxxxxxxxxx