Re: my web site

It's probably worth noting here that erl, the program to which Larry is
referring, is the standard way of invoking the Erlang virtual machine/runtime
system. By default, the runtime starts a "shell" process that provides a
read-eval-print loop, as well as a few commands for managing any other Erlang
processes running on the VM. The shell can be disabled via command-line switch.
There are a few projects to compile Erlang to native code, but AFAIK most
Erlang
programs are compiled to byte code and run on the erl VM.

I know that the Transterpreter group has developed a multi-platform occam VM
which runs transputer byte code, but I'm not sure if it provides a REPL or not
(I'd assume that the imperative nature of occam makes a REPL less attractive).
Perhaps if someone associated with the Transterpreter is reading this they
could fill us in.

Allan

Quoting tjoccam@xxxxxxxxxxx:

--