Re: Intel: timely article

Barry Cook wrote:
> All,
>
> Another article in the same issue - "Can  We Make Operating Systems
> Reliable and Secure?" - (Tanenbaum et al) pp44-51 also makes interesting
> reading (another familiar message). There is mention of another language
> "Sing#" which "fully supports channels in the language, including formal
> typing and protocol specifications". The syntax even includes '?' and
> '!' !!!  Also implemented is data owned by one process and ownership
> passed via channels. Again no references to the proponents we know.

There are papers here:
http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/conference/EuroSys2006/papers/p177-fahndrich.pdf
ftp://ftp.research.microsoft.com/pub/tr/TR-2005-135.pdf
[Warning: the pdf is the usual MS megacr*p and takes for ever to render:-( ]

Adrian
--
Dr A E Lawrence
http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/co/people/acad_staff/lawrence.html