Von: owner-occam-com@xxxxxxxxxx im Auftrag von Andrew Delin
Gesendet: Di 13.06.2006 04:01
An: Allan McInnes; tjoccam@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: occam-com@xxxxxxxxxx; java-threads@xxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: RE: The world needs process-orientation

This has been a fantastic discussion - I'm very glad there's such
interest and belief in POP.

I agree with the view that we need more languages that express
process-oriented ideas naturally; I've found libraries that extend C++
and Java to be rather clumsy.

I would be interested to collaborate in creating a small, experimental,
Occam for .Net -- if anyone would like to collaborate, please get in
touch.

This would be a small subset of Occam/KROC constructs, for demonstration
purposes of the power of POP. If we could compile Occam DLLs to include
in mixed language .Net projects, this could be a powerful demonstration.
The idea is that we can achieve a separation of concerns and Occam-style
code can deal with the parallel aspects. We might achieve some mindshare
if the language interoperates with convention blobs of code.

Any takers?

Andrew