RE: The world needs process-orientation

Quoting tjoccam@xxxxxxxxxxx:

> > So apart from making good business using COP
>
> Is there a good reason for using this acronym? Everyone else seems to have
> settled on "process-oriented programming". Unanimity, if possible, helps
> in being heard.

The term "concurrency-oriented programming" (or COP) has been widely used in the
Erlang community for a number of years. The term has since gained currency
outside of the Erlang community, and I have seen it used in several different
forums to refer to lightweight process-based approaches in general.

Allan
--
Allan McInnes <amcinnes@xxxxxxxxxx>
PhD Candidate