MS HPC: You heard it first at WOTUG

I'm sorry I caused so much offence by suggesting camping; there are some
very good Physics conferences which run that way.

To help you all feel more mainstream, you might have seen the top article
in "The Register" on Friday:
  http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/06/09/microsoft_hpc_launch/

You will be glad to know that Simon Cox phoned me that afternoon to remind
me that the "lot of the basic work" they mention was first published at
WOTUG21:
  Cox, S. J., Nicole, D. A. and Takeda, K. (1998)
  "Commodity High Performance Computing at Commodity Prices".

Cheers,

Denis A Nicole              WWW:   http://www.hpcc.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~dan
School of Electronics       Email: dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
       & Computer Science   Phone: +44 23 8059 2703
University of Southampton   Fax:   +44 23 8059 3045
SO17  1BJ
United Kingdom