Wait-free Synchronization, RTLinux and CSP

I seem to have lost track of the archive for the list. So I haven't been able check my memory. Someone, Rick perhaps, posted on RTLinux a while back, I think. I have just have a quick look at RTLinux and immediately noted references to Wait-free Synchronization, and have been skimming the papers by Maurice Herlihy (some with J M Wing).

This is about shared memory/objects. I think that I can see what is going on in terms of a CSP model, but has anyone looked at this before?
Does anyone have any references for this sort of thing?

Thanks,

Adrian