RE: Objects, processes, and encapsulation

>Where such an opinion comes from? I have participated in developing rather
>large (aprox. a million LOC) commercial systems using OO technology. OO
technology
>was neither "hard" nor resulted in "unscalable systems". Actually, I cannot
>imagine such effort without using OO technology.
Let's hope none of them are safety-critical.

Do you have any means of making _guarantees_ concerning behaviour?
Can you include concurrency with any assurance of no deadlock (ever)?
Do you have quantitative evidence for the true value of (eg) inheritance?

For processes, we have a sound formal basis - one in which we can capture
design rules either in a programming language or ancillary tool, removing
the need for formal analysis but offering the same guarantees, including
deadlock-freedom. Concurrent programming becomes no more difficult than
sequential programming. I've repeatedly seen students succeed in
programming concurrency, using occam, who fail with pointers (or