Re: Making CSP into a success

Lawrence Dickson wrote:

> CSP and occam begin to look very beautiful indeed when you are
> trying to get a complex system of independent parts to work. The
> OO world just chokes and dies on this... We need to find a
> horrible practical problem that is a pushover with CSP.

I agreed with most of your posting, but I'd like to make an observation on the
above remark. The OO world, by and large, uses distributed computing to solve
many complexity problems. The Internet, being King as we all know, solves the
problem. Sort of.  :-P

For channels, read TCP. Just don't worry about performance, eh?  :-)

Rick

begin:vcard
n:Beton;Richard
tel;pager:ICQ: 56840977
tel;cell:MSN/Hotmail: richardbeton@xxxxxxxxxxx
tel;fax:01794 833434
tel;work:01794 833458
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.beton.freeserve.co.uk/
org:Roke Manor Research Limited;Internet Technology & Networks
adr:;;Roke Manor: http://www.roke.co.uk/;;;SO51 0ZN;UK
version:2.1
email;internet:richard.beton@xxxxxxxxxx
title:Internet Consultant
note;quoted-printable:The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and must =0D=0Anot be passed to any third party without permission. This =0D=0Acommunication is for information only and shall not create =0D=0Aor change any contractual relationship. =0D=0A
fn:Rick Beton
end:vcard