Re: A CSP model for Java threads

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Lawrence Dickson wrote:

> By the way, we need a GPL occam compiler for Linux... or do we already
> have one?

I've been in discussion with Richard Stallman about SPoC.  There is no
problem with anything Southampton have written, so there is no problem
with SPoC itself. On the other hand, the GMD Cocktail tools do not quite
meet the FSF rules, and this makes SPoC unacceptable to Stallman for GPL.
The tools are almost sourceware, but come with a rather restricted
license.

Denis A Nicole                      WWW:   http://www.hpcc.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~dan
High Performance Computing Centre   Email: dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
University of Southampton           Phone: +44 23 8059 2703
UK                                  Fax:   +44 23 8059 3903