Re: CHAN variants

Adrian,

I'm not sure if I've really got a clear picture of the required semantics.

Is it ... a sender to several receivers, synchronized so that all must have
received the message before the transaction completes and the sender
continues?  [And, if it's a hardware bus this is easily achieved.]

If so, isn't this a multicast operation?

How about keeping occam channel identifier declarations as they are but
allowing multiple, parallel output ...

CHAN OF XXX a, b:
PAR
  XXX x:
  SEQ
    a ? x
    -- etc.

  XXX y:
  SEQ
    b ? y
    -- etc.

  SEQ
    a,b ! value      -- I suppose this is equivalent to
    -- etc.          -- PAR
                     --   a ! value
                     --   b ! value

--

| Barry M Cook, BSc, PhD, CEng, MBCS         Department of Computer Science, |