Re: (fwd) T9000 News (fwd)

In message <9612101549.AA29802@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, phw
<P.H.Welch@xxxxxxxxx> writes

>There's been not one hint of this ... but that would be magic!  We would
>also need a VCP added though ... probably the most most important aspect
>of the T9000.

    I'm replying to the news of the folding up of SGS-Thomson's
Transputer effort.

    Can someone explain WHY this has slowly happened?

    It seems that ever since the Inmos Transputer was handed over to
SGS-Thomson, all the energy has been sucked out of it.  It seems
deliberate.

    Or are SGS-Thomson just a lack-lustre company?

    (Aren't they part of a group of which the Koreans want to buy the TV
manufacturing part for 1 franc?)

    Please post an answer here, as I've never known why the fantastic
Transputer idea was seemingly deliberately buried alive.

Sandy
--
// Alexander Anderson               Computer Systems Student //
// sandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx             Middlesex University //